Every year my friend throws a Christmas party, which is more commonly called The Dessert Party, because there is a dessert contest.
I won one year. However, I don’t remember how I made the winning Apple Baklava, so I will share this year’s recipe.
Which did not win.
And I didn’t find it particularly wonderful, but all the kids seemed to love it. And it has some novelty to it, so that’s fun. I also realized, after the fact, that this recipe was actually on the back of the marshmallow bag and thus, I am not as original or creative as I thought. Whoops. However, I am happy to report that it is SUPER easy and SUPER quick. Enjoy!
1 Bag Marshmallows
1 Bag Milk Chocolate Chocolate Chips
8 Graham Crackers
40 Bamboo Skewers
1. Melt the chocolate over a double broiler, or in the microwave. Make sure not to scald!
2. Grind up graham crackers in a food processor. Or place them in a bag and beat them to death with a rolling pin. The later method is a particularly good choice if you are having any sort of rage, frustration or PMS.
3. Poke the marshmallow, right in the middle, and push the skewer all the way through so you can just feel the tip of it poke through on the other side. Don’t you love the squish of a marshmallow?!
4. Dip marshmallow in chocolate.
5. Roll around in the graham cracker crumbs.
6. Lay down on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Stick them in the fridge for about 10 minutes. Take them out and allow to come to room temperature.
7. Display them in some sort of cute way. I have a hot chocolate piture that I used. Because it says I am a chocolate master. In French.