Yes, this is a little late. That’s because Donovan’s six month birthday also happens to fall on our anniversary! So, while I had the entire week off, I was enjoying spending time with my family, and not so much the interwebs. Sorry, interwebs.
So, here we go…
1. Still not walking, but getting a little more brave about standing on his own. You know, in really safe places…like the bath tub.
2. He had some sort of crazy word explosion and now will repeat his own special version of almost anything we say. It’s a good thing we don’t swear. Usually.
3. He says “bye-bye” to everyone and everything. The gym. Strangers. His food.
4. He thinks everything is hot – like key lime pie and avocados.
5. Speaking of avocados…he LOVES guacamole, but not avocado on its own. I try telling him how much this hurts my feelings, but he doesn’t care.
6. He has a new BFF! A couple I actually met through this blog live about 15 minutes away from me, and just had a little boy with Spina Bifida. Grayson was born August 2, and just went home last night! We are so happy to have met this family because it so nice to have people “in real life” to relate to what we go through.
7. As covered earlier…Donovan is now in the “walkers” room at church. While he can’t walk without assistance, I can tell that he loves the interaction with the older children. I’m really happy I made the decision to fight for him to be moved.
8. Spina Bifida clinic is coming up next month. I’m a little nervous about it…not sure why. I’m not sure if the Ortho will be happy he’s not walking yet, and what that will lead to. I’m really just hoping his bladder and kidneys are still doing well so that we don’t have to start cathing. It’s not the end of the world, just something I’d love to continue avoiding.
9. He sweats a lot. We keep thinking about cutting off his hair, but I cannot part with his luscious locks. They are so pretty.
10. Please are still asking me if he is a girl. I’m just very confused at this point. Yes, he has more hair (even after two haircuts) than most girls his age. And yes, he looks like he is wearing mascara (which is about the only physical feature he got from Max). But dudes…he is wearing sports shirts and cargo shorts most of the time. Get. The. Hint.